This Policy has been published to provide a clear and concise outline of how and when personal information is collected, disclosed, used, stored and otherwise handled by Website Owner. The Policy relates to personal information collected by any means and by any technology, including but not limited to via its website at https://motelmolly.com.au/.
Website Owner treats the handling of your personal information very seriously. To that end, Website Owner has systems and procedures in place to protect your privacy in relation to the handling of your personal information.
Website Owner abides by the Australian Privacy Principles, which provide a scheme in relation to the collection, disclosure, use and storage of personal information. Website Owner’s objective is to handle information responsibly and provide you with some control over the way information about you is handled.
The following defined terms are used in this Policy:
Privacy Officer means the person whose details are specified in clause 9 of this Policy.
Website includes but is not limited to https://motelmolly.com.au/
Website Owner means Australian Coastal Hotel Group Pty Ltd (ACN 657 743 756).
1. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information is information or opinion from which an individual’s identity may be ascertained. The nature of personal information collected by Website Owner generally comprises an individual’s name and contact details (including address, phone, fax and e-mail) and opinions about products, services or staff. If possible and reasonably practical you will have the option of not identifying yourself or using a pseudonym in providing such information. However, if you do not identify yourself, Website may not be able to give you the information and services you would otherwise receive. Such personal information is collected for the purposes of arranging, conducting and promoting Website Owner’s business activities.
Website Owner does not collect personal information unless it is reasonably necessary for Website Owner to perform one or more of its functions and business activities. On occasion, some of this personal information may be sensitive and
Website Owner will only collect it with your consent or when required to by law.
Website Owner will destroy personal information when it is no longer required for such functions and business activities.
Website Owner will generally collect personal information from you directly. For example, Website Owner may collect personal information via telephone, email or letter, or when you attend a function or event, complete a form on the website, making a booking or enter an agreement.
2. USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In order to use this website, the Website Owner may require information an individual in order to provide users with the Website Owner’s products and services, and a high level of customer service.
Personal information provided to Website Owner may be shared with related companies within Website Owner, where it will be kept strictly confidential and will only be disclosed on a need to know basis.
Website Owner will use and disclose your personal information for the purpose for which the personal information was initially collected.
Website Owner may also use that personal information for a purpose related to the initial purpose of collection if that other purpose would be within your reasonable expectations. Related purposes might include internal auditing and administration, adding your name to a contact list, guest list or invitation list or helping us to identify production and broadcast business activities or investment opportunities which may be of benefit or interest to you.
Website Owner will not use or disclose your personal information for any other purposes without first obtaining your express or implied consent. Website Owner may however be required to disclose your personal information without your consent if the disclosure is:
- required or authorised by law;
- required in order to investigate an unlawful activity;
- required by an enforcement body for investigative activities; or
- necessary to prevent a serious and imminent threat to a person’s life, health or safety, or to public health or safety.
Generally, Website Owner will retain your personal information within Australia and not use or disclose it overseas. However, on some occasions the information may need to be transferred overseas in order to perform one of Website Owner’s functions or activities. In these circumstances, Website Owner will either obtain your express or implied consent or will take such steps as are reasonable to ensure that your personal information will receive protection similar to that which it would have if the information were in Australia.
Like most business organisations, Website Owner relies on third party suppliers who are contracted to conduct specialised activities such as insurance broking, supply of equipment, business services, security services and travel and hospitality services. While personal information may be provided to these suppliers in order to enable them to perform the agreed tasks, Website Owner will make every effort to ensure that the supplier handles the personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles and confidentiality principles. Website Owner will require all such suppliers to provide privacy undertakings and where necessary enter confidentiality agreements.
Website Owner may also need to provide your personal information to third parties where:
- Website Owner is (in limited circumstances) allowed or required to by law or where it has a public duty to do so. For example, a Court, a regulator (such as the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) or the Australian Tax Office (ATO)) or the police can compel the disclosure of personal information; or
- You have expressly consented to your personal information being supplied to others. Usually such consent will be required in writing however in special circumstances you may be able to provide consent verbally; or
- It can be reasonably inferred from the circumstance that you consent to your personal information being disclosed. For example your consent will be implied for Website Owner to use and disclose your information to inform you of products and services that Website Owner believes may interest you. However your implied consent may be withdrawn at any time.
We may sometimes have to transfer your personal information overseas. We will only do so in accordance with the Australia Privacy Principles and Australian privacy law in general.
3. PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURITY
Website Owner is committed to keeping your personal information secure, and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, loss, misuse or alteration.
Your personal information may be stored in hard copy documents, or electronically on Website Owner’s software or systems.
Website Owner maintains up-to-date techniques and processes which meet current industry standards to protect your personal information both through physical security over its paper and electronic data stores, such as locks and security systems, and computer and network security systems with firewalls, encryption technology and passwords to control and restrict access to authorise staff for approved purposes.
Where information is particularly sensitive, the information is overwritten and then manually deleted.
4. DIRECT MARKETING
From time to time Website Owner may use your personal information to identify business activities or investment opportunities which may be of interest to you.
If you do not wish to receive direct marketing information, please let Website Owner know. Website Owner will take immediate steps to ensure that you do not receive any direct marketing information in future.
5. ACCESS TO COLLECTED INFORMATION
You may request access to the personal information Website Owner holds about you.
The procedure for gaining access is as follows:
- All requests for access to your personal information must be made in writing and addressed to the Privacy Officer.
- Website Owner will acknowledge your request within 14 days, and access will usually be granted within 30 days or otherwise within a reasonable period after the request is made. Website Owner will inform you if this timeframe is not achievable.
- A fee may apply to such access in the event that a request for access is onerous or time consuming. Such a fee will cover staff costs involved in locating and collating information, and reproduction costs.
- Depending on the circumstances, Website Owner will make all reasonable attempts to give access to the information in the manner you requested. If the manner requested is not reasonable and/or practicable you may be forwarded the information by another means reasonable in the circumstances, for example by mail or email, or you may be required to personally inspect your records at the appropriate place.
- You will be given the opportunity to correct any personal information which is no longer accurate.
In some circumstances, Website Owner may not be in a position to provide access. Such circumstances include where:
- access would create a serious threat to safety;
- providing access will have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of other individuals;
- denying access is required or authorised by law;
- the request is frivolous or vexatious;
- legal proceedings are underway or otherwise anticipated;
- negotiations may be prejudiced by such access; or
- access would reveal a commercially sensitive decision making process.
If Website Owner denies access to your personal information, it will provide you with reasons in writing.
7. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
8. YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
By using this Website, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our site. Your continued use of the Website following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
9. CONTACTING US
Telephone: 02 4455 3222
General information about visits to our Websites is collected by our computer servers, with small files “cookies” that our Websites transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow the delivery of “cookies”). The “cookies” are used to follow the pattern of movements of users by letting us know which pages on our Websites are visited, in what order and how often and the previous website visited and also to process the items you select if you are making purchases from our Websites. The anonymous non-personal information that we collect and analyse is not personal information as described in the Privacy Act.
2. Why do we use “cookies” and other web use tracking technologies?
When you access our Website, small files containing a unique identification (ID) number may be downloaded by your web browser and stored in the cache of your computer. The purpose of ending these files with a unique ID number is so that our Website can recognise your computer when you next visit our Website. The “cookies” that are shares with your computer can’t be used to discover any personal information such as your name, address or e-mail address they merely identify your computer to our Websites when you visit us.
We can also log the internet protocol address (IP address) of visitors to our Website so that we can work out the countries in which the computers are located.
We collect information using “cookies” and other tracking technologies for the following reasons:
- To help us monitor the performance of our Website so that we can improve the operation of the Website and the services we offer;
To provide personalised services to each user of our Website to make their navigation through our Website easier and more rewarding to the user;
- To sell advertising on the Website in order to meet some of the costs of operating the Website and improve the content on the Website; and
- When we have permission from the user, to market the services we provide by sending emails that are personalised to what we understand are the interests of the user.
Even if you have given us permission to send you emails, you can, at any time, decide not to receive further emails and will be able to “unsubscribe” from that service.
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics on the Website, deliver advertisements on and through the Website and so on.
3. What are your choices regarding cookies?